German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - 1st heat - throwing up?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Carucm

Default 1st heat - throwing up?

Hi everyone,

My girl just went into her first heat at 7 months. Started with bleeding last week but other than that all normal behavior. Her bleeding seems to have tapered off to some spotting this week, but now she's showing some other odd symptoms.

She's thrown up the past two mornings, at the same time both days, before breakfast. Her poop and day time behavior is otherwise normal. Could this just be related to her heat, or should I be concerned?

Also, she's gotten super fidgety at night. She normally sleeps like a rock through the night in or out of her crate. We've been crating her overnight because of the bleeding, but in the past two nights (in alignment with the puking) it's like she cannot get comfortable or something. She keeps getting up, laying back down, getting up, laying back down, turning around, laying back down. Which was keeping us up all night. We eventually let her out of the crate last night to see if that made a difference, but she did the same thing. She would lay on one side of the bed. Then move 4 feet down. Then move to the end, then to the other side, then out to the living room. ALL. NIGHT. LONG. No crying or whining, just constant moving and laying back down.

I know females do some weird things when they're in heat. Has anyone ever encountered this stuff before? Or should I get her looked at.
Attached Thumbnails
1st heat - throwing up?-anjadiaper.jpg  
Carucm is offline   Reply With Quote