German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye to Chai
Thread: Goodbye to Chai
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
emilybyrne

Default Goodbye to Chai

I adopted Chai from a rescue in December, she was just over a year old. From day one she was sweet and affectionate like I never expected. She was an immediate companion and loyal friend. I still can't imagine why anyone would have given her away.

Four days after I adopted her she became very ill. It was diagnosed as Discospondylitis. For a few months we battled with an accurate diagnosis and medication. Thru all of it Chai remained sweet. Even the vet's offices commented on what a sweet dog she was especially considering how sick and in how much pain she was. Unfortunately, her infection was too much for her little body to handle. She passed away in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. It was very sudden, she had been seemingly better and we had taken a walk and she ate so well that day. But it seems the infection spread to her heart and she probably had a heart attack.

I hate that I was asleep when she died, she laid down right next to my bed and died. I feel like she needed me and I wasn't there for her. I hate that she was alone when she died and I wasn't there giving her love until her final breath.

My heart is crushed, and the tears and pain are still so strong. Even in our less than 5 months together she meant so much to me. She loved our nearly daily walks when she was well. She would just lay on the floor and watch me going about my day. I loved to hear her collar jingle towards the door as I turned the key. I laugh to think of how she tried to give kisses to all of the neighborhood dogs and all of the dogs at the park. I miss her hand licks and how she loved to lay her head on my lap and cuddle. She had so much love to give. It is horrible that it was cut short.

I hope she knew that I did EVERYTHING I could get her better, I just wish it could have worked permanently. I hope she knew that I loved her so much and miss her so much. Even my cat misses her.

Goodbye to my sweet baby Chai. I will love you and miss you always, you will always have a place in my heart.
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye to Chai-img_20140105_105926.jpg  
emilybyrne is offline   Reply With Quote