German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - GSD Protective Behavior Or..?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
PrismoLoL

Default GSD Protective Behavior Or..?

So I posted before that I adopted a 4 Y/O GSD of DDR bloodline. He's a great dog, awesome temper, laid back, and just a pleasure to be around. He gets along great with my
3 year old son.

Well I decided to get a second GSD. He's an all black Shepherd, I've had him for about a month now. He's very attached to me, and doesn't leave my side unless at the dog park(even then he comes to check on me). Well when we are taking walks outside he walks directly beside me, and at times when he sees other people(not everyone) he gets into a stance and barks very loud once, then looks at me. I tell him it's okay and sit.

The other day, we ended up going on a long walk, it was about 11pm.. Midday into our walk we saw someone and he was walking rather fast in our direction, and Draco(my GSD) started pulling real hard and barking extremely aggressively. Come to find out it was just a guy jogging at night..

Do I correct him when he does this behavior or praise? He is AKC registered and I have his pedigree on hand if that helps...
Attached Thumbnails
GSD Protective Behavior Or..?-image.jpg  
PrismoLoL is offline   Reply With Quote