German Shepherds Forum banner

Need recommendations for INDESTRUCTIBLE toys/chews

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  SunCzarina 
#1 ·
I've tried everything. Even the Elk Antlers only last us a day or two before they are destroyed.

Has anyone had any luck finding a good quality toy/chew that their dog doesn't dismantle with a few hours or days?

Thanks!!

#3 ·
Our Westpaw design zogoflex toys last pretty long (months) before they are destroyed, and they will replace the first destroyed toy for free. In fact, Revy just finally chewed the Bumi in half yesterday after having it since Christmas.

Revy destroys most of her toys within 24 hours, so the Zogoflex ones are like magic. Also- the Chewber frisbee has lasted quite a long time, too, but she doesn't really use it for chewing.

#4 ·
My pooch digs the frisbee...the Kong frisbee even though it's not a frisbee that floats...unless there is a headwind...has definitely outlasted the previous versions. However, she backed off on the "chewing the B" because it doesn't fly as much if she's chewing on it....

Also...how old is the dog?

SuperG

#6 ·
Orbee balls and nylabone galileo. My dogs destroy the west paw toys and kong toys. I have a chewber Frisbee that has held up but I don't allow them to lay down with it.

#8 ·
I have had the exact opposite happen. The stick was broke in half within an hour and the jolly ball is still going strong after a year and 6 dogs.

#14 ·
Kong toys have a 30 day warranty if you buy them from Petsmart. About every 3 to 4 weeks we go and get a new one since the old is mostly destroyed.

The goughnut is nice but it lasted 3 weeks. Unlike the Kong, you have to mail back the goughnut which costs about $5 plus they want 4 or 5 bucks return shipping

#15 ·
Kong extreme or UberKong, the big thick black one.

JW Pet makes pretty indestructible stuff too. If your dog is into ball, their Grass Ball lasts forever - they can eat the nubs off it and work at it for weeks to try to get the panel out but the thing still bounces and throws without it.

Jolly ball makes a 6" squishy material ball - make sure it's not the hard one or the one with the handle. When there's no handle to eat off so they can try as they might but not eat a hole in that thing.

Yeah my 17 month old female loves to eat things...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.