German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Need some crate help
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
intothevoiddd

Default Need some crate help

So I have a full size crate and a 9 week old puppy. I got him quite young and knew that he was unable to hold his bladder at first, so lined his crate with puppy pads for accidents. Little guy realized he liked peeing on the puppy pads so I took them away and he no longer gets them. Pup is great with going potty outside, if he is out of his crate he is fine and will not go inside. When he has to go he'll go to the door and I'll let him out, no problems there. The real problem is that at night he will go to the bathroom in his crate, in the farthest corner from where he sleeps. I get up every 3.5 to 4 hours to let him out at night, but regardless he is still going in the crate. It is BAD too, I wake up in the morning to a huge pee/poop mess that smells god awful and is EVERYWHERE.

My crate doesn't have a divider, and I don't know what to do. I have been to 5 pet stores and none of them sell them. I have looked online and can't find one big enough for his crate. I would love to just buy him a new crate but with all the puppy vet visits I just don't have the extra $$ to just buy a new crate. What can I do? I think I am losing my sanity a little bit
intothevoiddd is offline   Reply With Quote