German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Puppy socialization class gone wrong
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
martemchik
Crowned Member

Why weren't you preventing your dog from playing with her dog...sorry, you were in the wrong the whole time. The woman should have never had the opportunity to slap your dog because YOU should've been there redirecting your dog away from her dog.

It was clear she wasn't comfortable with the way YOUR dog was playing with her dog. And the fact is that you saw that and didn't do anything about it. It doesn't matter if your dog wasn't hurting her dog...people set different boundaries for their dogs and you shouldn't allow your dog to cross them once you see what they are. Trainer seems inept too because they didn't say something to you about it either.

Even if your puppy wasn't hurting her puppy, your dog is setting an example for that dog and is being dominant and rough. How would you feel if my 85lbs GSD was on top of your puppy "playing" and not hurting it? You lifted him once, twice, told him no, but I just stood there and didn't do anything to prevent it again?

You seem to be focused on the slap...that's your prerogative. I would've had to physically correct your dog as well in that situation since YOU weren't doing anything about it. Would a harder yank on the flat collar been a better correction in your eyes? Clearly your dog wasn't getting the message.

Last edited by martemchik; 05-20-2014 at 12:21 PM.
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote