German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - GSD Pregnancy and Prenatal Vitimans
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
MDFARMSK9

Default GSD Pregnancy and Prenatal Vitimans

Hello,
Im a recently retired MPC handler.Now living a nice quiet country setting in central western MA.(just under 3 acres)

Ive been keeping,training and raising GSD's for a long time.

Im possibly expecting my first litter,Sire & Dam had a good tie yesterday morning(about 25minutes).

My Dam is a very healthy girl,our vet calls her a remarkable specimen. Which makes me chuckle every time.

At this point Im curious as to vitamin supplements that will benefit her while she is carrying.

Both Sire & Dam are in great health,high drive.Sire is 3.5yrsBlk/Tan,Dam is 2.5.Silv/Gold Sable.

Only issue regarding health is the Sire had a polyp,removed a year ago,No re-occurance.

Dam's temperament is excellent,Sire is my MPC,was my patrol dog.So temperament could be called aggressive, however the aggression was learned not inherited. Both are trained and Sire has his utility title.

Both Sire & Dam are what I consider ideal size/weight.Sire is 91Lb,Dam is 85Lb.Yes they have had shoulders & hips graded.

Photo's are about 1yr ago.

Please understand,Ive been apprehensive about joining and posting. Ive read multiple derogatory comments on the internet,not necessarily here but generally
regarding non-professional breeding (BYB is a common term) as being shunned. I dont wish to offend anyone,but Ive been taught that GSD's should be born & whelped In the quiet and serenity of the country to help insure mentally sound offspring. This is an ideal that I hold and promote.Ive declined numerous curbside offers from -owners- claiming,Ive got a male,or Ive got a female...ect..declined with high prejudice.

Thanks for any help,and I hope to have positive exchanges with the other members of this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
GSD Pregnancy and Prenatal Vitimans-photo0246.jpg   GSD Pregnancy and Prenatal Vitimans-photo0238.jpg  

Last edited by MDFARMSK9; 05-20-2014 at 11:35 AM.
MDFARMSK9 is offline   Reply With Quote