German Shepherds Forum banner

Puppy vomiting...

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Diesel7602 
#1 ·
Finnick has just vomited again. He vomited last night and a few nights ago.

He seems absolutely fine in himself, as energetic as he's always been. Right after he's thrown up he carries on as if nothing has happened (he's now dragging a blanket across the floor).

Is this normal? His poop is fine and he's eating and drinking normally. I might speak to my vet tomorrow in case.

#5 ·
It's definitely vomit as his stomach contracts and he heaves a bit before he is sick. It's never a lot of sick, but it is mostly liquidy.

Both times he's been sick it's been about 11pm at night time, I haven't changed his food (he's been on the exact same food as the breeder gave him), just dry kibble. We've not really introduced anything new to him. He likes coconut and banana, but we obviously give them to him in moderation. I can't think of anything that he could have gotten into? The only thing is that he managed to nick about a handful of cat biscuits yesterday, before I had moved the dish up to a higher surface! Could a small amount of that cause sickness or harm? I know it's very bad if they consume a lot because of the protein, but it was a very little amount.

As I said, he's very normal in himself. I live in the UK and it was VERY hot here yesterday (I know.....shocker!!!) could that be to do with it? I made sure he ate and had planty of fresh water all day long, he was also playing with a frozen towel to keep him cool too. .

Someone told me it was normal for GSD pups to vomit because of their rapid growth....not sure whether to believe that or not? I've had a GSD before but never from a young puppy, so this is new.

#6 ·
Sounds like it could be empty stomach yuckies. If you give him a few treats around 10pm, see if that stops it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#7 ·
Thanks :) i'll try that! I guess that would make sense too, he is having three meals per day, his last being at 7-8pm, so i'll try a few tid-bits about 10pm see if that makes a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.