German Shepherds Forum banner

Insurance liability and GSD

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  lyssa62 
#1 ·
An article on the internet caught my husbands attention regarding the top dogs that insurers rule out for coverage. We did just confirm with our insurance co. that if we want an umbrella policy for liability we cannot have a GSD. They have 5 dogs on their list and GSD is one. Please advise regarding pet liability insurance. We have seen companies that issue liability policies but no name recognition or assurance of their reliability. I am now worried that getting a GSD is going to be a problem for us. Any advice will be appreciated as the GSD is our favorite breed.

#6 ·
I had to switch to white pigeon..we were with selective and I called and asked them which then meant I had just now confessed that I had a GSD...they too have 5 dogs on the list of no insurance. Had we not switched and had a claim...once they found out there was a banned dog on our property ANY claim could be denied..that would include fire etc...I couldn't chance that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.