German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a Breeder in the South
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 01:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
sassinator

Default Looking for a Breeder in the South

Let me give you a little background on myself. I'm 21, about to be married, and I'm very, very active. In a few months, I'll be married, and a few months after that my future husband and I have decided we both want a German Shepherd. My mother got one from a BYB and she has been the best dog we've ever had - so I'm looking forward to getting one from a reputable, respectable breeder and seeing how he/she turns out.

I want a female out of working lines, but I want her to have a good off switch. Basically, I want a dog who can be comfortable inside my home, but who can also compete on a weekend basis if I decide that's a hobby I want to take up. Is this too much to ask?

The two breeders I've found online that I like are Sequoyah out of TN, and True Haus out of California. The price of the dogs is similar, and the guarantees are pretty comparable. I've found good reviews for both online, and no one seems to be adamantly talking bad about them. I was just curious if any of you experts could point me in the right direction - if I'm not already headed that way? If I am, do you have any pointers for deciding on a breeder?

Thanks in advance.
sassinator is offline   Reply With Quote