German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - 2 YO Female Behavior - HELP
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
jewels1273

Default 2 YO Female Behavior - HELP

We have 4 GSDs in our house ranging in ages 6 (male), 2 (female) and 2 pups that are 8 months (brother & sisters).

The 2 yo female has begun to be very dominant with the 2 pups and even tries to do the same with the 6 yo male (tries - he doesn't let her). She will mouth the neck area of the pups - doesn't bite them, just mouth them until they submit. The thing is - she does this constantly to them. I'm constantly having to tell her to stop only because they are knocking things down when they do this or waking up others in the house. When this happens I separate them and put them in their crates until they calm down. Now I know this is probably normal behavior but when this happens, she (the 2 yo female) I swear is nuts - she is constantly tearing things up - she is crated and someone she was able to get ahold of a shoe that was nowhere near the kennel and destroy it (my husband is not happy about that) - she doesn't go outside with the other dogs until she calms down. She is played with but always seems to want more attention and when we give the other dogs attention she gets jealous and pushes them away from us. We do go for walks and play fetch but we have noticed that she does better when its just one on one.

she has to stay crated at night and when we are gone or she will tear everything up, pee and poop in the house and eat things (like my heirloom seeds that came in the mail the other day). I have never known such a destructive dog. We have thought about rehoming but she is very territorial and does not like others coming in the house unless they have been there before - even then she takes a while to realize that it is ok that they are there.

the other dogs are ok with others in our house - it is just her that has an issue. We are running out of ideas and I refuse to give up on her but I'm at a loss. Please help.
jewels1273 is offline   Reply With Quote