German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Herm Sprenger Collar Questions: Neck Tech & Fur Saver. What makes them good?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
CharlieB.Barkin

Default Herm Sprenger Collar Questions: Neck Tech & Fur Saver. What makes them good?

I'm currently using this prong collar: http://petvalu.com/product/46930/pro...ollar-hamilton

It has 3.8mm. I feel like these might be a little to big. I bought this one because it was the only one that my local pet store had in stock. I also use a 3mm choke chain as a "safety" if the prong ever breaks while we're on a walk.
The improvement is massive, but he doesn't respond to corrections as much as I'd expect/like. I'm also fairly certain that the collar is properly fitted. It doesn't twist around, unless I make a bunch of corrections from the side, then my pulling twists it around a tiny bit.

My question is this: What makes Herm Sprenger prong collars so good? You you referring to the Neck Tech design or the standard prong collar?

I like how some of the prong collars have that middle piece that creates a bit of a gap around the dog's trachea. The one I'm currently using doesn't have this.

Also, are the Fur Saver choke chains really any different from a normal choke chain?

What size prongs should I be looking for?
Tiny-Toy Poodle 9/25/2009-

Last edited by CharlieB.Barkin; 05-13-2014 at 09:43 PM.
CharlieB.Barkin is offline   Reply With Quote