German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - My 8-year old daughter's first time bikejoring with Nara, our GSD!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
counter
Master Member

Default My 8-year old daughter's first time bikejoring with Nara, our GSD!

Some pics from yesterday's training session. I bikejor with my dogs daily, and wanted to share the fun and experience with my family, starting with my olderst daughter. I had to rig some of her gear, since it was made for an adult, but it all worked out. We bought her knee and elbow pads just in case she fell (which she didn't!), and got her all geared up and ready to go:

To show her how it works, I ran alongside Nara and was explaining everything as we did a test run:

After one pass, everyone was comfortable enough for a first solo ride:

Look at that smile! We continued from this point for another 5.5 miles. All my daughter requested for next time was a longer distance. She loved it. I ran alongside them the whole way. We are also going to swap out dogs for her to ride with, and eventually build up to a 2-dog team or more. I usually take out all 4 dogs for a team run when I bikejor. Earlier yesterday morning I ran the 3 boys and let Nara rest up for her solo run with my daughter.
Sir BEOWULF the Brave {male Siberian Husky | Wolf}
counter is offline   Reply With Quote