German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dog Reacts to Other Dogs and Some People.
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
CharlieB.Barkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
First question I have is - why is he barking and lunging? Has there been an evaluation done? Not doubting your training ability, even for the experienced owner, that 2nd set of eyes can give invaluable feedback.
No evaluation has been done. I have no idea why he does it, unfortunately. Whenever I walk him, it's just the 2 of us. All the experience I have with "large" dogs comes from my last 2.5 years with Charlie. I grew up with tonnes of small dogs and I had my grandmother's husky for a while, but other than that, I don't have a lot of experience with large dogs. I've spent probably too much time reading up about them online and in books, but I'm trying my best with what I have.

The only training "class" he's been to was one at Petsmart *GASPS*, but that was just to get him around other dogs at a young age. All the other training has been done by me at home. I've done quite a bit, but because I've been doing everything myself, he is missing a few key things that I need to go back and teach him. But for now, this lunging/barking thing is at the top of my list.
Tiny-Toy Poodle 9/25/2009-
CharlieB.Barkin is offline   Reply With Quote