German Shepherds Forum banner

Male peeing issue-urgent

771 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gsdsar 
#1 ·
I have a four month gsd boy. His balls are dropping as we speak and for the last couple days he has been peeing on my husband.

Ie: my husband fell and he came over to check on him then proceeded to stand over him and peed on his knee.

Another example tonight he was calm and we were sitting on the couch. I started talking to him and he approached my husband. He got petted by him then as soon as my husbands foot was under him he peed.

The puppy is extremely submissive to my husband as he is the "alpha"

What is causing this behavior and how do I stop it?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#2 ·
Forget about the "Alpha": it is an outdated concept. Your pup is most likely peeing out of submission/fear. I don't know what your husband does to be the "Alpha" but maybe he is overwhelming to this already low key pup.
Try to avoid the following: elaborate greetings, leaning over the pup, looking straight into his eyes, facing him head on, fast movements. All these behaviors can cause him to pee out of submission. By the way: it doesn't have anything to do with "his balls dropping".
I hope you have not punished him for this peeing as he cannot help it; it is the ultimate sign of surrender and if you were to punish him, he will become confused and afraid of you and it will increase the problem.
Take it easy; he is only a 4 month old puppy. Enjoy him.

#3 ·
Yup! To the above!

My boy did this as well. Only to a few people and they were always the ones that greeted him HUGE!!! He has outgrown it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.