German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - I've finally chosen a harness. Does anyone have pictures?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
CharlieB.Barkin

Default I've finally chosen a harness. Does anyone have pictures?

After spending way to much time reading about harnesses, I've decided to order this:
Canine Harness l Signature K9

This harness was recommended to me by several people and it's also the only Ray Allen/SigK9 harness that I could find any 3rd party info on. My only gripe is that it doesn't have any velcro on the sides like the "Ultimate Load Bearing Harness" does. The LLC does seems much lighter and cooler, so that makes the LLC more desirable imo. I guess I could always add my own velcro to it.

Modular Harness Adapter With Breastplate l Signature K9

Small Insert Velcro Pouch l Signature K9

and 2 of these:
Medium Nylon Pouch l Signature K9

Does anyone have pictures of their dogs wearing this? I'm curious to see what this harness looks like on a german shepherd in the different colour options.

My dog measures 36" at the chest 31" at the abdomen and 18" at the neck. The sizing suggests weights but doesn't actually include any measurements. Will this fit him?

The medium pouches measure at 8" long, but a water bottle is also 8". I'm hoping that I'll be able to cram one in there. I like the molle pouches because they seems to not interfere with the G hook attachments like the cooling chest panel.

I also just learned that this is made from mesh. That kind of makes me think that it will tear after a while. Do you feel like that's likely?

I'm ordering this next week, hoping that Charlie and I can go on longer walks since we'll both be able to pack some more stuff. Hopefully this will serve some other purposes as I organize some tracking classes.

It's strange that Ray Allen won't ship to Canada unless you call, but SigK9 does.
Tiny-Toy Poodle 9/25/2009-

Last edited by CharlieB.Barkin; 05-11-2014 at 05:15 PM.
CharlieB.Barkin is offline   Reply With Quote