German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - 20 Week Old GSD with Heart Murmur
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
maxjivi05

Default 20 Week Old GSD with Heart Murmur

We rescued a GSD a month ago and took him to get his shots just to find out he has a grade 6 heart murmur and they couldn't tell us how "life threatening" it was without a eco-cardiogram which I can't afford. I've been reading and reading and decided to feed him only "Fromm" Dog food which has all the Omega's and Taruine to help have a healthy heart.

Today was the 2nd set of shots for him and they told us that he sounded worse this round. I created a fund raiser to try and come up with the money to see if his heart murmur is serious enough to make him leave us too soon or if he will be okay, I'm not sure if I can post a link or not but would like any information that you all know about helping with a heart murmur.

If you've got any DIY remidies that could assist him in having a healthier heart or know a vet near "Lexington, KY" that can do the eco-cardiogram for next to nothing or out of kindness of helping out another pup, or just want to help please message me or leave a post!

I try to not tell anyone because I don't want anyone to think that there is something wrong with him and I should of gave him back. I called the breeder they offered a refund but I couldn't take him back he's already grown on us and he's very smart.

Thank you.
maxjivi05 is offline   Reply With Quote