German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How to acclimate a 6 month old puppy and a terrified 3 year old girl
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
mandiah89
Elite Member

Default How to acclimate a 6 month old puppy and a terrified 3 year old girl

Hi everyone!

Its been a while since I have posted or have even visited the site. I have a 6 month old pure bred red nose pit bull named Nova and she has been such a great help in dealing with the death of Penny.

Nova is such a wonderful dog. Honestly the best pup I have had. She is so calm and loving and extreamly smart. Except I have run into a snag.

My boyfriends daughter is terrified of dogs. She is 3 years old. Anytime Nova is around she runs around screaming and crying. Now Nova has never been excitted around her or tried to jump or anything like that (she is so docile around kids its amazing!) yet his daughter wont have it. Now I have been spending most of my time at his house which means I have been leaving Nova at home and going back and forth several times to spend some time with her and let her out ect. But its still not fair to Nova to be left alone all the time and I would love to be able to have her over there or them over here without me having to lock her up or keep her at home.

How do I get this 3 year old child to like Nova? I guess she had a bad experience with dogs about a year ago and she has been scared ever since. I just dont know how to get her to like Nova and not be afraid of her.

Any ideas?

Thanks!! btw added some photos of Nova
Attached Thumbnails
How to acclimate a 6 month old puppy and a terrified 3 year old girl-novaears.jpg   How to acclimate a 6 month old puppy and a terrified 3 year old girl-suckybull.jpg