German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - first heat !
Thread: first heat !
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
KayDub

I can't help as far as GSD aspects as I'm a first time owner of an 8wk old girl. But I do have an Australian Shepherd thats 8yrs and isn't spayed. Some basic tips I could share is if you don't want to breed her then go outside with her for potty breaks or what not to ward off any boys that come your way as they can come from all over they often do here and I dont even have neighbors! Use an outdoor kennel if you want to keep her out for extended periods of time without being present, and they do make diapers specifically for dogs but like i said i cant speak for a GSD but I just buy baby diapers for my aussie cut a hole for the tail and when the tape starts to not hold well i use a slice of duct tape to give it better hold haha....I know its not a lot of help but its a basic start for you.. also be warned she can get a bad case of the humps so i hope you have obedience training started on her and you can just tell her no when she tries to hump you or things you do not want her mounting.
KayDub is offline   Reply With Quote