Our Collie used to get these (raw). There is a local butcher that sells them fresh for super cheap.
My parents gave one to Hans yesterday and he LOVED it. Shockingly enough he swallowed it in like 10 minutes. I have no idea, as if you've seen these, they are incredibly hard/chewy when raw. I got very worried that it's a choking hazard - he was right next to us and one minute chewing happily and next minute it was gone.
No adverse effects though, maybe a bit of a larger/softer poop this morning. Happy as a clam.
Anyone feed these to their dogs? Should we cut them up?
Rough Collies - King (01/1994-01/2002) and Samson (2/14/2002-3/30/2014) - too good for this world
GSD - Hans (12/31/2013)