German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Gimmick or Not?
Thread: Gimmick or Not?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
CharlieB.Barkin

Default Gimmick or Not?

After browsing around for a bit, I came across a company (Fight and Flight) that has a line of products that features clips and buckles that I had not know about previously. They typically give you the option of:

Standard Acetal buckle or Cobra buckle.

G hooks or Kong Frog clips.

and finally

Stitched nylon vs braided nylon.

My understanding is that these "high end" clips, buckles, etc. provide a higher load capacity and durability. Is that really something that you need on a dog collar or a dog leash? I've seen cobra buckles before and I've used them on multiple occasions, but I don't see why you would need one on a dog collar. Is there something that I'm missing here? I was told before that the buckles are required for "jumping" and "roping" but their harnesses aren't approved for "airborne operations."

I think they have some really cool products and I'm hoping to own some of them soon, but a few of these things aren't adding up in my head.

The same goes for K9 Storm. $55 Canadian dollars for an 18inch leash? Really...?

Would someone like me, who want to go hiking with a dog that likes to pull, have any use for any of those 3 things that I mentioned above? Would they somehow extend the life of the product? I guess what I'm trying to get at is that my dog has broken many collars and harnesses for various reasons, but is this overkill?
Tiny-Toy Poodle 9/25/2009-

Last edited by CharlieB.Barkin; 05-06-2014 at 02:00 AM.
CharlieB.Barkin is offline   Reply With Quote