German Shepherds Forum banner

Advice!! Found a 1/million apartment that might work.. But..

809 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Blanketback 
#1 ·
Okay so in this thread http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/443321-advice-needed-want-apartment-i-have-sa-dog-who-barks-not-sure-what-do.html I was concernred about her barking with the neighbors.. I may be able to get this other apartment. Its upstairs to a milking parlor. There is an office next to the apartment but with the machinery on, he probably would hardly be able to hear Zelda bark..

My concern is because of her fear aggression to strangers, would she go down hill? I would be living on a farm. There are quite a few workers, but its nothing like the town walks we do at least once in day. She has gotten to the point where people even going towards us (to get into their cars) or people across the road she will even look away from.. Whereas before she would have to bark even lunge. So i'm worried that basically this would be isolating her I would love to be able to still go into town to do town walks.. But i dont know how often i can dedicate that a week! Maybe once or twice? So that is my biggest concern along with money but thats a different story of course!

I just really need to move out and this apartment is the first apartment that i can barely afford, where Zelda will not bother anyone probably, and is 15 minutes from my work. So.. if i can get it. Should i take it?

My thought is that, Zelda is probably genetically fear aggressive, although she has improved and can still improved it will always be there.. I just don't want her to fall back, i always want her to keep moving in the forward direction with all of her behavioral problems and i dont ant to set her up for failure on this one.

Thanks for letting me ask a personal question! :eek:

See less See more
#2 ·
I would take zelda out to the place and roam around, see how things go?

Even if there are a few people at this place, it's better than 'no people'..to continue your socializing with her..

#3 ·
Maybe she was overstimulated and this is better pace.
Did I mention Ashwagandha to you before?

Dig up a link or two later

#4 ·
Sounds great to me. Close to work and the machinery may act as a "white noise" so the people that hears do not cause her distress. The socialization and walking her where there are more people can be done on weekends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.