German Shepherds Forum banner

Chew chew chew.

865 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mego 
#1 ·
Any of you let your pup chew at night while they're in their crate? I try to leave a rubber bone in there for him to chew on but he likes to pick it up and drop it onto the crate tray and it makes soo much noise.. I end up having to take it out just so I can sleep. Then I feel bad because I know he's teething and I took his chew toy away. Not quite sure what I can put in there for him or if I shouldn't give him anything (at night). Any alternatives or suggestions?

#3 ·
We use to keep a blanket in there.. but he'd chew it up. We put a memory foam thing in there that had a cover on it and he ripped through the cover and started eating the foam. Haha. We just decided to let him sleep on the tray but it's so noisy when he's chewing in there if he does chew at night. :(

#4 ·
Nope. the crate's right by my side of the bed and the sound used to drive me nuts so at 1am I'd take everything out and make her sleep.

I've left stuff in there a few times before and worn earplugs if I felt like she really wanted to chew, but only on weekends or something where I didn't have to worry about missing an alarm in the morning. I put stuff to chew in during the day always though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.