German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Accidents in the house
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Berlyn

Default Accidents in the house

Hello all,

At my house currently there are two German Shepherd puppies from the same litter, one is owned by my fiance (male) and the other by myself (female). She is currently 10 1/2 weeks old and having some issues with potty training.

She is kept in a crate at nights and does well, no accidents at night, so far. But she is still occasionally peeing in the house, even when trying to take her out fairly often. Her brother had no problems picking up on the potty training idea and notifies when he needs to go out.

She takes cues from him and will stand at the door when he does, not ever really telling us on her own. She will go days without having an accident but then it seems as if she has many accidents all in the same day, in or out of her crate.

The other problem she is having is that she will go into her brother's crate and deliberately pee in there. I thought that they really don't start marking until they are older, but could this be what she is doing?

Also, this happens a lot when I am at work, unfortunately leaving my fiance there to try and deal with all of this. I wondered if it was possibly anxiety but she does fine when we leave her in the crate while going out for dinner, etc.

I have read many different things online and figured I would come here to ask opinions from people more experienced with this breed.

We have them in obedience classes and work with them individually as we know that having them in pairs can be very difficult.

Please any suggestions on correcting this would be much appreciated, Thanks!
Berlyn is offline   Reply With Quote