German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Attacked by at large Pit Bull (hidden under guise of Dogo Argentino)
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
GatorBytes
Knighted Member

Default Attacked by at large Pit Bull (hidden under guise of Dogo Argentino)

On Monday (apr. 28), Gator and I were on our afternoon walk heading home when we were charged by noted dog.

Dog had escaped open door and ran a whole block to get us (3 streets in horse shoe), bypassing two other dogs.

Gator is doing well, my old guy held his own as dog tried to roll him. Gator got the better of him...sharper, faster. I tried to grab the dog as I thought he had G by the throat, but G positioned his body putting his length between this dog and me.

The owner arrived, grabbing at dog and his friend quickly drove up (reason dog escaped house), the two tried to secure it as I tried to pull G back, the dogs spun, other dog tangled in my leash, the **** slip chain comes off the dog and he lunges to clamp down on Gators neck, but chomps down on my hand instead.

At this time, I have very little use of my left hand. 7-8 punctures - not deep, but my hand ballooned up. I have had two days of intravenous abx. and started oral. Hospital feels I will need 3-4 more visits of IV abx. Not broken, sure feels like it.

I can't work this weekend - Friday for sure, hopeful for Saturday at least as I haven't needed pain pills since last night (old script of Tylenol w/codeine)

I am so sick of others negligence costing me...
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown