German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Ever felt like you failed a dog?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
LaRen616
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeva View Post
Do you mind telling us what happened?
I rehomed 3 dogs.

The first was a male Siberian Husky puppy that was extremely aggressive and I should have put him to sleep but I rehomed him to what I thought was an experienced Siberian Husky home only to find out months later that the puppy was on it's 4th home, was still extremely aggressive and was a permanent outside dog. He would be 5 years old in December, I don't know where he is anymore.

The second was a male GSD/Husky mix that I got off of craigslist, he was 1.5 years old when I got him. The owner said wonderful things about him but he ended up being food and toy aggressive, he could not be trusted around children, he growled at family members and stared them down. He wasn't fully potty trained and he would have frequent accidents in the house. I didn't trust him and I felt that he needed a more experienced owner so I rehomed him to a nice older couple with no other animals in the next town over. I saw him a couple of times since then but I haven't seen him in years. He would have been 5 years old last month. I miss him the most, I still have his dog tags and I feel like I may have given up too soon.

The 3rd was a female GSD. She and I were not a good fit, I tried the best I could but we had no bond, we were not meant to be so I gave her up.

I feel like I failed them because I got them and then I gave them up.

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Draven ~ male Dalmatian 6.30.13
LaRen616 is offline   Reply With Quote