German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Breeding Costs breakdown
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
gsdsar

No offense, but that photo thingy, she claims the cost if the stud at the front and back. And very very very few makes have a stud fee if that much.

The problem I have with these types if lists, is it's for 1 litter. All those health screens are moot money wise for successive litters. And then they add in the cost of "flying their daughter in to watch puppies"??? Really????

I know it costs money to breed correctly. But I think too often people add in expenditures that they would already accrue if they were not breeding. Registration, club fees, dog food, wellness checks, gas to training. So I guess if the ONLY reason a person titles their dogs is to breed it makes sense to add the cost, but most people are already training and titling or showing because they enjoy it. People rarely pick a breed, decide they want to breed it and then go the extra mile to do sport or show to do it right. The people doing it right are already doing those things, so it seems unfair to add it into the equation.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App