German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New Puppy in a Social Household
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
carmspack
Crowned Member

Hi there.
Maybe the answer is , one waits until one is free of the situation and established themselves .

How can you give an answer otherwise?

you said "I want to raise him with my rules and not to be exposed to the chaos that happens with my other canines in the house.
Any advice/help with this?"

Life at your age is pretty much chaos . No matter how clever or mature , there are so many things not determined yet that put enormous draw on your time and attention, including further education, relocation for employment opportunities, friends potential life partners, travel , and income limited housing that most kids experience leaving the mum and dad house.

you said "(This is a thread about asking about raising the pup in a social area, not about permission to get a pup or w/e. Please stick to the topic, thanks) "

I know that . The chaos with the other dogs though is pretty much entrenched. Seems your family and the dogs are happy with that situation. Bringing in another dog , may bring grief as far as by-law restrictions (number of dogs allowed in a residence) . In the end there may be resentment of the new GSD from other family members.

Other important question. Would a good breeder sell you a dog in this circumstance ?

I don't think you are doing this on impulse , but on excitement looking forward to the day when you can get your dog .
Perhaps a little early .

Depending on where you live why not see what kennels are close by where you can go and visit litters of pups to help socialize them.

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote