German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed: Want an apartment, I have SA dog who barks, not sure what to do!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
VTGirlT
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blehmannwa View Post
I just put my pit on Prozac. She is overly sensitive and OCD--light chasing. She started pooping on the floor at night--probably due to fear. Since I've had her on Prozac--minimal dose- she has only pooped once and that was when there was company. I imagine that she went to jump on the couch and found it occupied--Scary!

It worked very quickly and I can see that it gives her relief. She now jumps up on the bed in the a.m. for belly rubs and cuddles with a big pit grin and a waggy tail. Before she was tentative and would just crawl under the covers and curl into a tight ball as close to me as possible.

Try the Prozac for Zelda and see if it eases her enough to work on behavior modification for the S.A.
Aw gotta love the pitty smiles!
You said minimal dose, what dose did you start out as?
I do have the prozac bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
what herbals is she on?
She was on Settle the Yang which helps settle the mind and reduces anxiety (Chai Hu Jia Long Ga Mu Li Tang) and to help with her over Qi Yi Guan Jian which we just started instead of two others we were using. She had a weaker, deeper, wiry pulse. because of her liver Qi stagnation it could cause more irritability therefore in general anxiety could occur? Before i had this vet i also tried composure for months- not so much..
VTGirlT is offline   Reply With Quote