German Shepherds Forum banner

This is a post I never thought I would post

6K views 45 replies 44 participants last post by  Kayos and Havoc 
#1 ·
Abby's breeder picked her up tonight.....I had to go to the ER last week for what I thought was a minor female issue....turns out it was way more to it....I had been diagnosed with cancer. We have to jump into gear quickly to work out childcare(we have 3 kids home all day and one in school all day, all 5 and under) and everything for my many upcoming doctors appointments. We called her breeder this afternoon and she jumped into action....we knew right away we could not keep up with such a young pup will dealing with me being sick even if she was great....she offered to refund us the money and to pick her up ASAP. I am heartbroken....my kids don't understand why their doggie is gone. I cried so many tears today.......for so many reasons.

We still have our little foster....he will stay with us until next Saturday.....he is housebroken so good and he loves sleeping and hanging out in his playpen. If he goes back to the shelter he maybe put to sleep....I can't live with that.

So I wish you all well and thank you for all the advice.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#28 ·
That is very hard and I am so sorry that this is happening to you. Please be strong so you will conquer this to live a good life for yourself and your family.
Today I read a poster in town after reading your thread and it said "You don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have" (from Bob Marley) . It reminded me of your story. Sending you healing thoughts.

#29 ·
Praying for wisdom for the doctors and strength for you and your family :hugs:

#31 ·
So sorry to hear this. From your post you sound like a " take action" type of person, and having 4 children I imagine you are. So cry when you need to and hang tough. One person I knew said when she was going thru cancer treatments, when she had no appitite, she forced herself to eat, "I'm eating my medicine" is what she told herself. Peace to you and your family, there will be the dog of your dreams waiting for the right time to join up.

#38 ·
Prayers for you and your family. Prayers for strength and prayers for comfort.

You sound like a very strong person.

#41 ·
So sorry to hear your news. Sending prayers and healing thoughts for you and your family. To let Abby go would have been a very hard thing to do. Take care .
Maggi

#46 ·
I am so sorry to hear this.

I just had a cancer scare. I am okay and I wish you were too. Hugs.

Please try to stay with us. We would love to encourage you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.