German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Overwhelmed, need help...
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kiitsu

Default Overwhelmed, need help...

I just got my puppy Thor 2 days ago. He is 5 months old and is a great dog...he listens so well, and he picks up on things very quickly. He doesn't bite or nip, doesn't even jump on people.

But his potty training just doesn't seem to be working, and its killing me...every time I think hes got it, he pees in the house. I don't know where im going wrong.

He also can't handle being away from me, and its not good. I have been skipping all my classes and work this week to make sure he is ok, but I don't know how he will do next week when reality strikes and I have to go back to work and class. He will never be alone for more than 4 hours, but I still can't help but worry. Will he get used to it? I'm going to keep him outside rather than in his crate.

The biggest issue here is that I have no help and its making this very stressful for me. My family (consisting of my mother and her boyfriend) ignore Thor, making me all he knows. Its worsening the situation and I can't get them to realize that. I did not expect them to be this way.

Its very hard on me because I have no time to myself to do the things I love (or need) to do. I have to watch him 24/7. Will it get better?

That all being said, I love Thor and I can't see myself without him now. I am torn apart and I just don't know what to do. I thought I was prepared, but I guess I was wrong. I understand everything I need to do, I am just completely overwhelmed and I need help.
Kiitsu is offline   Reply With Quote