German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Possible aggression with other dogs...
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
GSD4life_

Default Possible aggression with other dogs...

Hello, all! Recently, I've noticed my 4 month old female getting aggressive towards other dogs... she is fine with them as long as they don't "bother" her, but has started to lose her cool when one tries to play with her...she barks and growls, and in the past has only shown her teeth...yesterday she attempted to bite another dog that she was annoyed with.

She had been socialized around other dogs her whole life, and we take her out with us everywhere possible. She goes to puppy day care 3x' s a week, and is at the dog park at least twice a week. Ari has always ignored other dogs (you can tell she thinks she is better than them, ha!), but her attitude towards them is slowly turning into something different.

She is EXCELLENT with people of all ages, and I'd hate to have to worry about her around other dogs. We have an 8 month old Golden, whom she loves, but so far that's the only dog she's been good with. She is in puppy training class right now, and I plan on asking my trainer for tips, but I won't see her until Saturday.

I would LOVE some advice on how best to handle this. I attached a picture of my little monster. She loves dandelions!
Attached Thumbnails
Possible aggression with other dogs...-img_46201259089847.jpg  
GSD4life_ is offline   Reply With Quote