German Shepherds Forum banner

Gak!!!!!!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO 
#1 ·
Today was a nightmare and it's not calming down any! It all started with Gunther grabbing one of my potted plants and dumping it out all over the yard. I don't hit my dog except a slap on the snout when he's biting too hard but I did yell at him quite a bit over that one. My husband salvaged the dirt and seeds so I then put a pile of Gunther's poop in each pot and put more dirt over it. I'm hoping that helps. Then he refused to listen to a word I said during play or training so since I was already mad I threw out the training and stuck to just play. He dropped a Kong at my feet and when I went to move to throw the football I tripped on the Kong and fell flat on my left side onto some not yet placed patio bricks. Partially my fault because I had my hair down and it's like the Cousin It effect when it's down. Gunther was no help whatsoever and just sat there staring at me wondering why I was on the ground not moving and groaning in pain. To his credit he did sit and let me use him to help myself up. After I rubbed the giant welt in my left thigh we played until I went to work.

Came home from work to a super hyper active Gunther. He has stopped taking his medicine readily so we had to do the drop down into the gullet. For the past 2 hours since I have been home he has NOT stopped acting like a maniac. He is in and out of the door. When he's in he starts biting and barking and grabbing my sleeve to go out with him. When he's outside he jumps endlessly on the door to get back in. It is 1:30 in the morning and 33 degrees out, I am not going to go play in the yard.

I really hope he settles down ASAP.

See less See more
#2 ·
Almost 4 hours and no calm puppy. Does anyone else have days like this??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? I'm going nuts. My husband is trying to sleep as he has to be up for work in 2 hours and he's not feeling well and I can't get this dog to settle down.

#6 ·
Cousin It effect! :D
What medicine is he on?
Your pup does sound like he needs some exercise, flirtpole and tracking help to wear out the mind and body.

#8 ·
Yay he calmed down!!!!!!! I exercise him plenty, he's 9 months old, he just had one of those days yesterday. Little rebel stinker :wub:

#9 ·
Glad he calmed down. Often for a GSD, especially a young one, physical exercise isn't enough - they need lots of mental exercise to really be tired and well-behaved. Try hiding the toy and having him find it, and then play when he finds it - do several rounds of this and increase the difficulty of the hide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.