German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - just rescued
Thread: just rescued
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
codycody123

Default just rescued

hello all, i recently adopted (i guess you can say) a 2 year old german shepherd named sully. my neighbors moved out and couldn't take sully and had to leave him in the back yard, they were bringing him food just about ever day from what they told me. well, one morning last week when leaving for work he got out and ran right up to me ready to play. i knew the owners moved out and he would get out again if i tried to get him in their back yard so i put him in my back yard and contacted the owner, well they couldn't find a home for him and was planning on bringing him to the pound, so i told them i would take care of him and if they found a good home to let me know but that hasn't happened and i was asked to keep him, so i said yes and if it doesn't work out i will try to find a home for him because i couldn't see him going to a shelter and taking a chance of being put down. he really is a good dog but he needs a lot of work. he has never had any interaction with any other animals and very little with humans. the only serious problem is he is highly aggressive to other animals, especially dog. when he sees another do he goes into killer attack mode, if we can overcome that he will forever have a place in my family. so here i am hoping to gain some knowledge from other gs owners. i live in covington la so if anyone knows someone local that could help i would greatly appreciate it. thanks for reading

Last edited by codycody123; 04-22-2014 at 10:58 PM.
codycody123 is offline   Reply With Quote