German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New Member
Thread: New Member
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by HarleyTheGSD View Post
It is possible to find good pet-quality German Shepherds from a breeder. Not bred to work, not bred to show, just meant to be family dogs. They may have less energy than the working line dogs. I, myself, have a pet-quality GSD as well as one from working/show bloodlines. The pet-line boy is active, but he is very well behaved and calm in the house. The working boy, he is a spaz, and I love it.
I don't know, maybe both I guess but largely how it's raised I think. If you want a show dog then I think really a lot is based on lines. Not so much the dog itself but judges look at the lineage of the dog. I don't think its fair, but I really don't care because I'm not involved in that. I also don't believe the, has to be from a working line. Do puppies come out of the womb herding? I think it's all what they are doing as far as raising. I think the whole pet quality thing is bs to be honest. Lol

If you have a working dog that doesn't chill, it's because he's been trained to always be active, it's who he is. I think it has much less to do with the breeder and much more to do with how they're raised,
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome