German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New Member
Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Espa

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb View Post
That's something I haven't decided on yet, and hope to get the info I need here to make up my mind. My dogs are my constant companions. We are never separated much. I'm lucky that they can go with me pretty much anywhere I go. I like a middle of the road type dog, not a couch potato. I don't think a high drive and energy dog would fit my lifestyle, but I am use to the energy level of Boxers, so I'm kinda torn between a show and working line. My most important concern is health, and this dog will be my first as far as diet. I will be feeding a raw diet. How do energy levels compare to Boxers?
Hi keb,

I didn't think much about the white spot, partly because shepherds have a chest patch and also between the shoulders, also because the color of puppies is rarely the color of the adult dog.

This post says you don't want a working dog or show dog but a companion dog. To me, GSD fits all. Like any dog they need to go out but are perfectly happy and fit with all lifestyles. If you're active, constantly on the go, they'll keep up with you, but are just as happy laying around. They're like wash and wear, ready for anything.
Espa is offline   Reply With Quote