German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - I'm considering contacts, anyone here wear contact lens?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Liesje
Crowned Member

I'm going to answer based on what I DO and not what I should do, lol....

1. How often do you need to clean them?

Basically never. I have Acuvue Oasis soft lenses -4.75. I take them out around 10pm, put them in at 7am. If there is something on them, I might gently rub between my fingers. I replace them every 3 months or so or if one rips or starts to feel bad.

2. Are they difficult to put in your eyes?

No. I mean, of course they are at first, but now I can do it with either hand, without a mirror.

3. What is the differences between contact lens and eye glasses?

I prefer contacts because they give a more full range of vision. I have glasses that I actually like the look of, but can't get used to the lack of peripheral vision. My vision is pretty more, everything is completely blurred more than 1 foot from my face. With contacts I can still see while swimming or if I go skiing or something where I would normally leave my glasses behind. If my eyes get uncomfortable, there's always the option to use my glasses.

4. Is there anything else I need to know?

I would say that brand matters. My uncle is my eye Dr. so luckily I buy everything at cost. I used to use a more generic brand of disposable soft lenses but when he switched me to the Acuvue Oasis, they felt better and last much longer.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome