German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Gunny the rescue. Input in appreciated.
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
muldoon24

Default Gunny the rescue. Input in appreciated.

Hi everyone, yesterday I rescued a year old GSD from IN. He's very sweet and great with my cats. He doesnt really know how to act like a dog though. He flinches whenever I make a sudden movement and isnt to sure of himself in any situation, hes especially cautious around men. We went to the dog beach today at belmont harbor and he kinda got in puppy mode and was splashing around and swimming, although when a dog was trying to play (roughly) he got very defensive. I grew up with 2 gsd's as a kid and teenager but we got them as puppies and molding them into the dogs we wanted (a therapy dog and a PSA dog.) Im new to a rescue dog, but he was about to get euthanized and he was to sweet to let that happen. Any input on how to get the most out of him or any tips would be appreciated. Im willing to put any time I need into him, he isnt going anywhere, hes my dog now. thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Gunny the rescue. Input in appreciated.-image-3.jpg   Gunny the rescue. Input in appreciated.-image-4.jpg  
muldoon24 is offline   Reply With Quote