German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - I have tons of questions/concerns. Any help?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheDakotaShow

Default I have tons of questions/concerns. Any help?

Ok since I have been posting weekly about my puppy I thought I'd start a thread to seek help. I have tons of questions so bare with me.

I'm having a lot of troubles with her. I'm not so sure its just GSD behavior or just bad training. So here's a few that really concern me.

*BITING

She absolutely loves to bite me. Its not only play but when I have to grab her off the couch or when I try to grab her from Eatting something(rock, hard objects- she will whip her head around and take a nip. Doesnt look so kindly. Can I do something else besides walking away? Pinch her top lip on her teeth, pinch inside of mouth?

*ZERO DRIVE towards toys.

I hear all this redirect stuff but I cannot re direct a puppy that doesn't want toys. I can redirect with food but that's not always avail.

*ATTITUDE!

I hear a lot about its just mouthing but I'm convinced she is just mean. If she doesn't get what she wants she will bark at us (wife and I) and try to bite. Again...doesn't look to nice.

That's it for now but I'm looking for as much help as possible. Ive had two puppy schools cancel on me and I feel I'm running out of time.

I have tons of other questions but that's it for now.

Dakota 1/16/14
TheDakotaShow is offline   Reply With Quote