German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Ghost Sounds After Loss
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
dOg
Elite Member

certifiable, no doubt...
but take that with a huge pile of salt from a fellow kook who still talks with creatures large a small who no longer grace this plane with a meat coated skeleton! we lost a way too young little one a few weeks ago, and I swear I felt her nestling in the crook of my bent knees as I napped as she always would jump up there and fluff about before joining a snoozefest...it woke me up, made me tear up wondering was I simply having a psychotic episode, or what was it? nobody knows for sure, and it was the realization that can't really happen anymore that made me sad. Our memories will only become more cherished as time goes by, and after hosting dogs for over 4 decades, I've gone through this several times. It's the unexpected too young to go tragedies that are the most shocking, but they all shake our imagined realities to the core and rattle our routines. Once I kept finding myself staring into an open fridge, until I realized that very interested nose nudge simply wasn't going to happen, no matter how many times I tried...
if we are nuts, at least it's good to know we have lots of company!

Another can't replace our angels, but we'll get some new routines and learn some new stuff along the way, and that will help.

When I go to the bridge, it'll be a huge party, no doubt.