German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Is this separation anxiety???????
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Default Is this separation anxiety???????

My pup is 10 weeks old, he's been with us almost 2 weeks.
He is an absolutely gorgeous boy, inside and out. However, the past week or so he gets very stressed when I leave the room.

I never leave him in a room unsupervised, if I do, I put him in his crate so h can't get into mischief. I keep leaving the room to do everyday things, he is left with a relative...but he gets very stressed and starts to bite!!!!!! He calms down as soon as I return.

Is this separation can I rectify this? I am his primary owner, thus do training and playtime etc but I live with someone else, he sees them a lot, but they don't have so much input.

I believe he sees me as the alpha, so that's why he behaves slightly better with me.. How can I stop this biting (It's slightly more than mouthing). He biites arms, legs, clothing, whatever he can get hold of. I need to stop this before he gets too old and it starts getting more dangerous! Is this common and normal behavior?

I was thinking, maybe I need to crate him every time I leave the room, regardless of someone else being there? Please help!

Owned by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chloe & Princess the Kitties
Fred & George the Ferrets
FuzzButtMum is offline   Reply With Quote