German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Am I the only one who has had anxiety over boarding their dog?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
shaner

The first time I boarded my dogs, Titan was around 3-4 months. They were there for 9 nights while we went to Dominican Republic for a wedding. I was terrified the whole time. The owner of the kennel is on facebook and updates his wall with pics regularly, so I found myself checking facebook every couple hours just to make sure there were pics of them (pics meant they were fine). At one point I didn't see pics for a couple days so I panicked. It was ridiculous and my girlfriend told me I was being paranoid, but I couldn't help it.

The owner of the kennel loves my dogs and they love him. He has Titans littermate, who has EPI and he has spent a ton of money managing that disease, so I know he's a true dog lover as well. Still, every time I take them there I worry. Sometimes I think there's something wrong with me. I know they'll be just fine, but I get severe anxiety about it anyway.