German Shepherds Forum banner

Martingale or Harness for Puppy?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ZoeD1217 
#1 ·
My Zoe is 4 months old tomorrow and we have spent almost all of our time playing and exercising in a fenced in yard. Now that we have started walks around the neighborhood she is dead set on choking herself to death. As well as trying to back out of her collar. Obviously I need to work on training but while I do that I would feel better having something other than her flat collar.
Any suggestions on which would be better?
What kind I should get?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#2 ·
:popcorn:

I am interested in this topic as well. I am expecting a puppy in about a month and already bought a ComfortFlex collar for walks. It's essentially a limited slip, padded martingale collar. I've seen it recommended here but curious on its use for a puppy.

#3 ·
I use a martingale.

His seat belt for the car is a harness. I was in a rush and clipped his leash onto it when we were going into the vets. I had no control. It was a nightmare. I like the martingale. He must know the difference, because he is very easy to handle with it.

He is 10 months and 78 pounds, but we started his training with the martingale when he was 3 months.

#13 ·
We sometimes use a Martingale for training, 8 weeks- up, or if you prefer a harness, the Walkeez from Leerburg.com is awesome, well-padded, very comfortable for a pup, comes in all sizes. It just depends on what you prefer to train with. You'll probably get 100 different answers here- Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.