German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - dog saved from shelter attacks 3, shot by deputies
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
DaniFani
Elite Member

"In the previous weeks leading to this event, Saul only barked at those who he did not know and quickly changed his mood and demeanor with positive reinforcement of wanted behavior. He showed a high level of intelligence and willingness to please without signs of aggression during training or routine socializations. Saul was in my opinion making excellent progress."

I'm really curious what was done to curb the unwanted behaviors....can't just positively reinforce wanted behaviors and not deal with the unwanted...

I have so many questions...and so many thoughts. Off to see what I can find on the "trainer" that somehow let THREE people get attacked. I have seen a few pretty aggressive dogs act out with professional (dealing specifically with aggression) trainers, and the dogs never had a chance to get to any one person, let alone everyone that was there....
"An excess of size is an unserviceable feature for breeding, his powers of endurance, his speed and the smartness of his movements suffer in all circumstances. Giants are never nimble."-Creator of GSD
DaniFani is offline   Reply With Quote