German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Legend growing up!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Liesje

Default Legend growing up!

Legend has always been on the small side, nothing wrong with him but he's just been slower to develop and reach certain stages in his development. I figured he'd change a bit in the week I was gone on vacation so took a few pics of him before leaving.

On Sunday afternoon I picked him and Nikon up and was pleasantly surprised! I don't know that it really comes across in the photos but he looked fabulous, much more like a 5-6 month old male GSD puppy than the scrawny 34lb gangly thing I left behind! I'll get a new weight tomorrow. He's got all but one of his adult teeth in now, coat is nice and thick, ears are back up straight. He and Nikon are both entered in a show this weekend.
DSC_0204 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

DSC_0207 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

DSC_0016 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

DSC_0050 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

DSC_0082 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

Unfortunately he likes Nikon's game of dunking toys into the water pails.
DSC_0223 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

DSC_0224 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

DSC_0243 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

DSC_0225 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

DSC_0245 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

Nikon had a bloat scare while I was gone so that was terrifying (I think more so for the dog sitter), but all was fine. He got into a bag of kibble that wasn't secured, fell off a table, and spilled and ate about 5lb of food. She thought he was bloating but really he was just uncomfortable from all that food! I've been road-working him this week (he gaits next to my bike) to keep him in shape, kind of cramming for the show since I was gone for a week and the week before that he had a toe infection and could not exercise. Now he's busy teaching Legend important lessons like "always carry a ball/toy when outside" and "lie down in the sandbox to cool off". Legend had NO idea that we even HAD a sandbox! He arrived 9 weeks old just before Christmas so everything was already covered in feet of snow (had to dig him paths and potty areas). When I took him to the pet sitter my backyard was still frozen. The day he came home was a warm day, all the snow/ice is gone, and he realized we have a *sandbox* where I keep loads of toys he never knew we had
DSC_0137 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr

DSC_0168 by Liesje_Shepherd_Dog, on Flickr
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote