German Shepherds Forum banner

Rescued Gsd problems

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Chip18 
#1 ·
Hello all,
We rescued a beautiful 3 year old gsd the weeks ago. Initially she was well behaved, although nervous, and built up a bond with her.
Now it's a different story...
Won't let my other two dogs have affection and constantly takes everything off them, treats, toys etc. Anyone who comes in the house she will constantly bark at, I remind visitors to totally ignore her but regardless it doesn't improve. She is always barking/chasing - the cats, again initially just ignored them. Will listen to me sometimes and at other times in invisible. On our walk yesterday she was running with my lurcher and a loud yelp.. I'm pretty sure this was accidental but a big chunk of für and a bloody graze was on my lurcher (also rescued /nervous).
This poor dog has had three homes already and I don't want to give her up so will try any ideas anyone has.
Thank you

#4 ·
She sounds insecure to me. I agree, some training, even at your local animal control (here in Mesquite the Animal control dept has basic training) could do a world of good.

Jelpy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.