German Shepherds Forum banner

Sore Spot On Skin; Puppy Licking it and Making it Worse

957 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  kay88 
#1 ·
Last night I noticed a spot on my 20 week old puppy's skin, on the skin next to his testicles that he has been licking. It's about the size of a quarter, with a red spot the size of a dime. I could tell that he had been licking this because of the fur around the spot was slighty hard(similar to when we put gel in our hair and it hardens). Also, it seems as if he has licked some of the hair off in this spot also. I'm thinking that he has been doing this when he is in the crate during the day, while we are at work. I don't catch him doing it when I'm home.

So, I gave him a bath, washed that spot really well and then applied some antibiotic ointment to the spot, which he immediately proceeded to lick off.

I'm thinking that I'm going to continue with the ointment, and see if it improves, unless you all think that this should be addressed by the vet before it gets worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.