German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - He helped me
Thread: He helped me
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 03:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ellimaybel
Master Member

Default He helped me

I have a history of sleepwalking and doing highly unusual things in my sleep when in extreme stress. Lately some events around the house have made me worry if I was sleepwalking again. However a few things didn't add up. In the past if I found something amiss it would trigger what I thought was a dream of doing it. As I've been dealing with the unusual things around the house lately nothing was triggering my memories or subconscious. Then my husband asked me where Gunther sleeps. I said, right underneath where my feet land every morning. Then my husband asked how often I get time away from Gunther. I said, "When I go to work or leave the house otherwise". So my husband pointed out that if I were sleepwalking again how could I possibly be getting past Gunther without being woken up? It was a very valid point. First off I would trip over Gunther. Second off, he would be following me all over the place. Lastly, if I were doing these things in my sleep Gunther would wake me without even trying.

So while this does nothing to explain the strangeness, I feel reassured to know that Gunther is helping me whether he knows it or not.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.
Ellimaybel is offline   Reply With Quote