German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - She stopped running: walky doggie
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zeeva
Knighted Member

Default She stopped running: walky doggie

Zeeva has been walky doggying with me for a few days. We took a break for a couple days and tried again today.

She refuses to run. In fact she starts walking backwards and nearly slipped her harness today.

I know she knows how to run along side the bike in her harness attached to the walky doggie. We used to run 4-6 miles in Chicago. In Chicago she didn't exactly enjoy walky doggying but she had the stamina and did it regardless. The last time I took her (maybe 2 days ago) she did about 1/4 of a mile then turned home and wouldn't move unless we went toward that direction. The time before that she did about 1/2 mile and turned home; same thing.

How can I build her stamina if she will not run along side the bike any more?

I took her off the walky doggy and I ran with her just fine. But I'm thinking I need to put her in a harness and run with her; then re-train her to run along side of a bike. UGH! I just don't want to do that :c I want her to quickly and naturally have her run in her walky doggy the way we used to run in Chicago.

Smokey, my husky, still runs without any hassle.
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote