German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Pup and kids
Thread: Pup and kids
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
nktigger99

Default Pup and kids

Okay...we always supervise interactions between Abby and the kids but I need to know what kind of correction is appropriate for a 12 week old pup. She mouths the kids...my youngest is 2 but very small for his age(think 18 month old who can walk and talk like a 3 year old)..she bullies him, that is the best way to describe it. Abby weighs right now more then him. I try to redirect right away or remove her from the area but that is hard to do during daily living. Ideally I just want her to leave them alone, ignore them....I know that sounds cold and I know it is in possible to ask at her age.

Also when she is outside with them she is always on leash...if she tries to mouth or jump on one of the kids I grab her leash and give her a stern no and a quick correction on the leash? Is this the right direction to go?

My oldest is 5 almost 6 and he can give her commands like sit etc and she listens to him but the other kids don't have the maturity.

This is a greatest and most pressing issue we have with Abby. Need some ideas on how to get through it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
nktigger99 is offline   Reply With Quote